Total Pageviews

Bloglovin

Thursday 5 April 2018

Life Update - Cake decorating

Since 2016, I started baking every weekend, Each bake I did I got more passionate for it so I looked into Cake Decorating,as I wanted to do still bake but I wanted to try something new. I've always wanted to get into cake decorating ever since I watched 'The Perfect Man' with the actress  Hilary Duff, that movie is about a single mum raising two children, and her eldest daughter played by Hilary Duff, sets her mum up with Hilary's characters best friends uncle, In the movie the single mum is a cake decorator, which really inspired me in what I would love to do one day. I never did anything about it though as I just focused on my art whilst at college but since leaving my job recently, I have realised that Cake decorating is what I would love to do. I am  inspired everyday by what I see other people do in magazines and on YouTube.
****************
 The best cake decorating YouTuber I watch to get inspiration is  Yolanda Gampp,she is an Canadian Cake Maker,here is her YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvM1hVcRJmVWDtATYarC0KA 
Please check her out! 
Here is her website to check out more of her bakes and where you buy stuff from her collection : https://howtocakeit.com/ 
****************

                     My first bake was a chocolate loaf from Tanya Bakes by Tanya Burr. 
            Which turned out like this: 

           Since then I've been baking more and more, here are few of my other bakes I have done.


**************
So this coming April, I am attending a Cake Decorating course which I am very excited about, and I am also doing my first ever wedding cupcakes for friends for their wedding in September which is also very exciting. Hopefully it can lead somewhere but I know its going to be an slow progress but it's worth it as I'm enjoying learning so much.

If you would like me to do a tutorial on one of my cakes, just let me know down in the comments below.
You can follow me on twitter for when I next upload a blog post,My twitter is:@Finding_romeo 
You can follow me on Instagram to see my next bake before anyone else, My Instagram is:@shula_bakes

Love Shula x

*******
Twitter * Instagram * Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment